Saturday, November 10, 2007

NaNoWriMo- Day Ten

I wrote nearly the amount I was supposed to yesterday (for that day alone), short by about four hundred words, and did not get to catch up on the total amount I was behind before that which was a little over eight-hundred words, so I lagged behind by about twelve-hundred words at the start of today, and added up to the day's usual required count, I had about three thousand words to write total in order to be all caught up and on schedule with the minimum daily word requirement. So I had to write nearly double the usual in order to catch up which I did, thanks to my decision to go to a "write-in." With the write-ins, individuals plan to go to a coffee shop or something and invite others to join them so I went to one today with the intention of giving myself about three hours to write. And it worked! I wrote most that I needed to write (still currently short by two-hundred words), but in addition, I worked out the ending of novel one! Like I said, I had written it down to just about the end but hadn't written out a clear final two or so chapters- just had pieces of what I thought I wanted to be in them. And there were pieces that referenced things that hadn't been written yet. But thankfully, today I finally wrote it straight to the end. About two or so days ago I had written in an important link, and now, it's finally pretty much complete- just have to copy and paste what I've written into the actual draft and clean it up a bit which I suspect I will do soon and voila- I've finally actually fully completed the work (wow, that was a lot of adverbs). It feels great.
It's funny- I thought I'd be writing a section for one book then another in a single day which I think I started to do, but now they've been making me work on them alone at my writing sessions. For example, yesterday, I added only to book four (PN) and today, C grabbed and monopolized me. But I'm still lacking those two-hundred words so I think I'll be writing in a different story to get those in since I can't add anything else to C right now- it shut me down once I reached the end. Or not, because I think I will try to put things together for C once and for all, so there actually is a pretty good chance the last bit of the quota will be met by it- I have to transition the new stuff in.
All in all, I'm proud of today's work.

ETA- Ended the day with 16741 words total, a tiny bit ahead of the minimum. I ended up adding the extra words through scene transitions for C after all.

No comments: