Monday, November 5, 2007

NaNoWriMo- Day Four

I seriously don't plan to write a blog post this often for the whole month. It's just that I have to document for myself what's going on right now until things settle.
I am currently two-hundred and fifty-seven words behind where I should be at the end of today as a result of falling behind yesterday (Saturday) which was my travel day. That's no excuse of course, because I had more than enough time in the airport, on the airplane itself, after unpacking etc. to get in the minimum word count but I didn't take advantage of the time. Instead I did other things, and only bothered to write about a thousand words.
In addition, I gained three hours in changing time zones, plus another hour today as a result of daylight savings. So I really have no excuse. Plus, I didn't have a single thing to do this entire day but shower and eat so really, I had more than ample time; I should be at at least ten thousand words right now for all the time I had over this weekend.

Still, what I ended up doing today was editing book one (C) straight to the end (chapter thirty). So now I have to write another chapter, and fix the final chapter. Once I write that second-to last chapter or two- not sure how much it will take- the final chapter should be easier to put together. So I actually did get a lot accomplished today, having spent so much time on this particular work.
I tried to get back down to NNWM business after finally getting spent at the end of book one, but my creative energies were directed to book five. Actually I kind of went back and forth, writing a bit of book three (ES) which is how I got most of my word count in for today, and brainstorming for book five, writing down thoughts and ideas as to the direction I would go with each story. I also did a lot of research for the latter, browsing the most popular (I believe) forum for people from my country, picking out important topics and beliefs I wanted to touch on. That part was tons of fun and also took lots of time.

What I think I'm about to do now, even though it's after midnight and therefore supposedly nearing my bedtime, is jump to book four (PN) because I think I'm spent with the cultural stuff too. So it looks like four out of five of my books are getting some action today (the second one, The PA, is done as far as I'm concerned- only the last chapter needs to be completed and I doubt I will touch it this month- but what do I know, eh? It might surprise me).

In any case, I can write a measly two-hundred and fifty words before going to bed.

ETA- Made it! And then some. I ended up still writing in ES though; didn't touch PN after all.

No comments: