I certainly don't plan to write a blog entry for each day of NaNoWriMo, but I just had to take note of what happened today: again, I worked on book one (C), and spent the entire day procrastinating, waiting once again until about an hour or so before midnight to start putting in words for NNWM, but a strange thing happened- I started getting ideas for book five! I think what happened is that ES (book three) is based in my home country, and so is BC, book five. So when I started brainstorming and thinking about incidents etc. for ES, naturally, I got ideas for BC as well since they're both firmly based in my culture. Still, it was quite unexpected for me, as I didn't know anything about book five beyond its cultural base, and that it would be a collection of short stories. And now I've got ideas, and the tentative short story titles, and I can barely contain myself because I want to work on them and brainstorm and plan for it more.
What the heck is going on? It's like some porthole has opened up in my brain!
I'm loving it, that's for sure. I'm feeling like the writer I always thought I was.
So that's the deal- that's how NNWM is going- I'm all over the place.
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment