Tuesday, November 6, 2007

NaNoWriMo- Day Six

Okay, I ended up reading in most of my spare time today, finishing off a book I've been reading for a while. Finally, at 10:20 p.m., I said to myself- "Oh crap- I have forty minutes to write about two thousand words." See, I was short about five hundred words yesterday, so really, to catch up, I had to write about twenty-two hundred words. I did try- made a noble effort. I could have done it had I more time, but I have to get up very early in the morning. The job I'm going to has a lot of down time though, and it will allow for me to do some writing. And I pledge to do it. Because now I'm eight-hundred and twenty-three words behind. But the good news is, what I wrote today was for book one (C), and I've finally written in the missing link between the last completed chapter and the final chapter(s), finally put in some vital pieces, so that now I can see myself officially finishing it! It's pretty exciting. I just have to go and tie the new pieces in, round out some of the old pieces and I have finally completed book one. Of course the bad news is that I'm 823 words behind the minimal count for Nano. Gah!

No comments: