Friday, October 19, 2007
PN
The title of this blog is the initials of the title of the book I'm currently writing. In the last entry, I mentioned working on an idea that recently popped into my head that had come to me a while ago but had disappeared from my memory for a bit in order to see how much potential it had in comparison to the book I thought I would write in November (let's just call that one ES). As I mentioned, ES has some dialogue and narrative written, some notes, things to include, some basics etc., all written down in its own little composition book; it was in the lead. Until about two days ago. In the days since I mentioned I would start brainstorming and plotting for PN, I have been working and working on it, and not just plotting it- actually writing it. Just yesterday on my way home from my job, as I was in traffic on a highway, the husband character in the story kept talking and talking, and I was very excited about what came to mind, yet severely disappointed because a rare magical flow was happening while I was driving. Those are the times I wish I had a tape recorder that I can talk into because that was one of those moments- you know, where it seems the stars align and a porthole opens up just for you to bestow upon you gifts. Like one time I was on a bus and a fantastic (yes, if I do say so myself) monologue came to mind, a one-act play, and it just flowed to a brilliant end. I tried to recreate it when I had access to paper and writing utensils when I got home, but although I managed to get the gist of it, it did not come back to me in the natural, effortless, beautiful way it did before. It's kind of like eating a juicy steak- in your mouth, it is great. But then it goes through the alimentary canal and then travels through the digestive system, and although it's still travelling through the same person, it just does not end up the same as when you first tasted that juicy meat. Yeah, maybe that wasn't the best analogy. Anyway, still, the husband had a lot to say the following day as well. He might even still try to grab my attention today- I don't know; I won't know until I pick up the book I started to write it in. Actually that's not true because at any time- driving, showering, eating- words could come to me. It's just amazing to me how this book has grabbed on to me and is currently refusing to let go. It is definitely currently in the lead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment