Monday, October 1, 2007
NaNoWriMo 2007
I had planned to participate this year, having first participated- and succeeded- last year. I have an idea and everything. But at this point, I'm not sure I will be able to follow through with the commitment. Last year, I was working part-time and was done by 1 p.m. every day and my significant other wasn't around much, weekdays or weekends, so I really had only my computer and the television both as company and distractions. I therefore had a lot of time to fulfill challenges I had set for myself- watching movies, reading books, and writing. This time around I, once again, do not have a full-time job, however, my schedule is more erratic. In fact, for the first week of November, I plan to be in my home country although hopefully I will be back in LA by the 5th. In that case, I might be able to continue the challenge after all; in fact, if I remember correctly, the daily requirement of nearly 1700 words can easily be done in two hours- I remember doing it in less in fact. So that's all I would need every day to dedicate to it. Okay, maybe I will still sign on to do this. There is still hope and I have to at least try, right? In any case, fail or succeed by November 30th, I would have succeeded in writing more than I would have otherwise, and there is no losing in that. All right then- it's on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment