Sunday, October 14, 2007

Book 3

As aforementioned, I plan to write most of my third book over the course of November for National Novel Writing Month. Since last year I had a story pinching me and telling me to write it, and eventually started writing down bits and pieces of what I want to include in it, brainstorming. So it was clear to me a few weeks ago when I thought about it what I would write for NaNoWriMo.
However, yesterday I believe it was- perhaps the day before- I remembered another story idea I had even before that one, one that came up while I was writing my first book. It actually resembles the most basic premise of the first, but I think it will be more saleable, more palatable. I have no notes on it besides its premise, yet I wonder if this is the one I should write instead.
What I think I will end up doing is the same thing I did last year when I had two ideas and wanted to see which one I should go with: start brainstorming and plotting both. The one I thought was a shoe-in for this year came up short last year when compared to the notes on the one I ended up writing. And now, it's way ahead of this other one that resurfaced in my memory.
Now that it's mid-October, it's definitely time to start the plotting process. I'll give this old new idea a chance and see what happens when I start to think it out.

No comments: