So today is day one of NaNoWriMo and I'm in the worst position I've ever been in. I have been unable to come up with a new idea, so I've been planning on working on two older ideas- the two stories I worked on for NNWM 2007. Then, I was advised to concentrate on one and accepted this advice as best considering how things turned out in 2007 when I wasn't focused on one idea. However, I still haven't managed to plot much for the one I've chosen- and for me, that is the worst place I can be.
My successful years have been based on a solid general idea and good outlines/planning. I have neither this time around. So today, I will be working on solidifying an idea of where I'm going, and plotting/outlining- basically something I should have already done. Not a great way to start! Especially considering I usually get a headstart on day one by beginning writing around midnight or so and getting a good amount of it in before going to bed so that when I get up and it's still day one, most of the remainder of what I write is gravy.
This is going to be an interesting year.
In other news, I have gotten back one response so far from the seven submissions I made for my short story. Yup, you've guessed it (otherwise there would have been a separate entry about it)- my first rejection! I kind of figured the story wouldn't fit that particular publication though.
I am expecting more rejections but I know someone will pick it up- perhaps not in the first round of folks I submitted it to, but I will find its market.
I also have two more stories just about ready to be submitted so I should have updates regarding those shortly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment