Thursday, September 24, 2009

Submitting!

Wow- it took a while yet it happened so quickly: I have submitted one short story that I think is ready to several publications (who are all okay with sim-subs of course) and I feel such relief to have gotten something out there. The story that ended up at the finish line first is the one taken from last year's NaNoWriMo project- the collection of short stories. It was the strongest of the collection to me because it had much more emotional resonance than the others. Now I think I have to find what's missing in the rest.

I still think I'll submit a short story version of the short film I wrote- it just needs more cleaning up according to beta1. It's currently not as sensory as the submitted one. In fact, it's exactly the kind of 'flighty' story some publications specifically say not to submit. I thought it would have a chance because it's kind of experimental anyway but I won't be lazy about it; I'll work on it some more and make it fit more 'traditional' tastes.'

In the meantime, I'm so excited about the first one making its rounds! I should hear back from the journals/magazines by X-mas lol. That wasn't even a joke.

Anyway, I have the strong feeling I will be published soon- within two years. Then I can have something to say in my novel query letter! But even without that in mind, it really excites me to think someone could soon be writing me a check for my writing- what a thrill, what a day that will be. One of the happiest days of my life I'm sure.

No comments: