Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaNoWriMo 2008- Day 2

It's day two of NNWM and so far, NNWM 2008 is looking a lot like NNWM 2006 which suggests at this point, this will be a successful November. Thankfully, although I wasn't able to outline and brainstorm as much as I wanted to and have a more solid idea in mind regarding what I would work on this November, I did manage to come up with some story lines and scenes and one of them has taken me to where I am at this moment- at almost 5000 words. Technically, the word count for day one was 2742 words but I continued working into the wee hours of the next day and before going to bed, had a little over 3400 words. I still have about 4 hours before the end of day 2 and I'm currently at 4800 words.

Last year this time I was behind the minimum daily word count requirement. In 2006 at this time, I was above the minimum and by the end of day two, had over 3900 words (minimum requirement: 3334). I am above even that year's count, closing in on retaining being a full day's count ahead. Yes, the goal is at least 5000 words by the end of today which will probably happen quite easily once I'm done with this blog. I need 200 more words to reach it, a number that I realized can be reached in 5 minutes of writing.

I predict reaching the NNWM goal of 50,000 words by November 30th ten days earlier; in fact, I think I can reach the 50k requirement between November 15th and 20th. In 2006, I had completed the final goal by the 24th, and I am currently moving at a faster pace this time around so if I keep this up, I don't see why I couldn't finish early again. I might even be able to write the whole book to the end by the 30th.

All this to say- I'm off to a good start.

1 comment:

zotz said...

Congrats on your good start this year.

drew

here is my effort so far:

http://bitsnovel.blogspot.com/

the word count is ok, but something still feels off so far...