Saturday, November 15, 2008

NaNoWriMo 2008- Day 15

So, earlier this week I had planned to update when I had reached 25k or the 15th of the month had arrived- whichever came first. It is day 15, and I waited until I reached 25k to write this blog. I am about to close in on 26k but still I have fallen behind on my original goal- to continue beating my 2006 rate. As you can tell, I'm right around where I need to be minimally to make it by the 30th (just a little ahead of the minimum); in fact, at the current rate, I will reach the 50k goal one or two days early. This time last year, I was at *checks files* over 32k. So I'm basically around 6k behind last year's count.
Can I still conceivably make 50k by the 20th? Sure! If I write around 5000 words per day for the next 5 days. Yes, it is actually quite do-able, especially since I don't currently have work scheduled for four out of five of those days and since I realized I can write 1000 words in half an hour, so theoretically 2000 words in an hour. So if I have a good 2.5- 3 hours each day and write like mad, then yeah, absolutely. I can, of course, break it up so that I write for at least two hours earlier in the day, then two hours later in the day so that I don't tire myself. And get myself hopped up on caffeine. But seriously, yeah- I can still do it; I can still beat my first year's results. I'm no longer sure I will, but I will still try.
Guess I better get back to work!

No comments: