I forgot to mention the progress I've made throughout the month of October: I have been working on the story I wrote for NNWM 2006- the one in the best shape, the second novel I wrote. FINALLY, I was able to 'talk' to the main character and get some information out of her; I was finally able to make a breakthrough and figure out what needed to happen.
I have also sic'd another beta reader on the story- the third person and the only boy, and he's only gone through chapter one thus far so I think it's okay that I haven't woven the new ideas and chunks written in yet.
The thing is, it's not exactly 'new'- it's a new turn, but the reason leading up to it was not only obvious (in hindsight), but I had written a piece in August directly relating to it; I found a place for that piece. I'm not sure how much new words I've added to this book this year (not counting edits)- around 2200 I think. The thing is, I'm no longer concerned about the word count; it will definitely continue to go up based on the two new sections I decided to add (which in my last inspired session turned out to be more like one; they interwove themselves). So now I'll be making more sense of this story- sometime soon anyway.
I have to be careful- can't let it (or book 1, 3, or 4) get in the way of my NNWM goal!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment