I've been sort of working on TPA and somewhere inside, thought it would be my first completed work post-college (i.e., polished and ready for publishing/producing) since it's basically complete although in dire need of more revision. However, some kind of magic happened: an idea was born, and a few days later, in one day, I wrote my first short film. Working closely with a partner, a few more days later (two of which were days of heavy revising, plus some additional polishing from a veteran screenwriter), it was in ready-to-shoot form. Idea to completion: approximately 10 days.
Yum, short films. Or beginner's luck?
Actually, I wrote two short films in one day. The second one, however, was mainly a typing up I suppose- I had worked out the basics of it with...well, the co-writer. So these short films are my first real, collaborative works (post-college). And I'm not sure when I'll get back to the other short film as I'm still somewhat in the glow of the first.
Probably tomorrow actually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment