Sunday, January 13, 2008

2008 Writing Goals

Quite simply, I plan to get some interest in at least one of my novels this year (particularly novel two)- as in an offer of representation/selling. I've said it before but I really feel like I'm holding on to what I've got for too long. Yes, more work is required but I plan to do it; in fact, on January 3rd of this year, I was hit by inspiration and started writing a missing chapter. I don't know when I'll finish it but I'm going to do it this year. And whatever problem I had with the ending, I'm going to fix that too. I am currently converting it to the proper format, chapter by chapter, simultaneously reviewing the work. I don't want to put a date on this particular goal although it might be best to do so anyway, but I'll say by March I want this book to be ready. I have a query letter written for it already and I'll go over that too, but it's time to stop messing around.

In addition, I am planning on researching the writing markets so I can work on getting published somewhere, somehow. Therefore, I plan to continue creating: poetry, short stories, articles etc.
I plan to keep writing.

No comments: