Writing and reading go together, so of course I have some reading goals as well. They're not as specific as the 2006 goal (100, then 50 books for the year) but I do want to read at least two per month.
A few days ago I went to the library and picked up some must-reads from my list of "100 books to read" and I'm really excited about reading them. But as I stared at the pile one day, a thought that had come to my mind before some months ago (and every once in a while since) returned: I need some non-fiction in my life. So when I'm done with this pile, the next pile is going to be different. I might have one or two of fiction still in there, but the majority will be non-fiction, and I don't mean autobiographies. Well, okay, maybe one if there is one that strikes my fancy such as Einstein's or Copernicus's, but I'm talking about general knowledge things, books on the universe, how things work, biology, geography, history. I already have two non-fiction books in my possession- one about money, and one about the universe- so I'll probably start on those.
I need to remind myself of what's out there, about the world in general; it can only enrich my writing.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment