Let's review:
I wrote a little over 6000 words of a new novel in the last two weeks or so of October before NaNoWriMo began, and over the course of November, wrote an additional 29.3k words for that novel. In addition, I wrote nearly 7000 words for another new novel during the month, and an additional 6000 or so words for the first novel I completed in 2006. In the process of working on the latter, I ripped out whole sections, added new, necessary ones and brought the novel to a close at last. I no longer see it as a trunk novel, in fact, I am eager to go back to it and fix it some more so that I believe in it enough again to send out query letters and work on selling it. So NaNoWriMo gave me my first novel back and the beginnings of two new ones to boot.
Ultimately, I did not write 50, 000 new words for a single new or existing novel between 12:00 a.m. November 1st and 11:59 p.m. November 30th. But I did write approximately 50k of new material as a result of NaNoWriMo, even if it does not all fall under the rules in regards to time, and working on a single story. So I don't get a winner's certificate this time, but did I win? Sure.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment