Sunday, April 8, 2007
The Line Between Truth and Fiction
So this novel I've been working on (WIP 2) suddenly came to life even more. It is currently loosely based on the relationship I've had and currently have with my (hopefully) soon-to-be ex-husband. I took the seeds of our discontent and sowed them in this book. But I took things one step further and imagined how things would turn out if we were to stay together. Well, one of those paths have been trodden in real life, and now the story's feeling too close to home for me to deal with it at the moment. I've always had this issue- my dreams, my writing, they all have some prophetic qualities/pieces/themes. At least in this case, it was pure common sense though, and a realistic projection. So it's not surprising that things have turned out the way they have. Something that happened in real life actually inspired me to add more to the story as I mentioned in the previous blog entry, but now, now I feel like changing the ending a bit. I feel like things should turn out differently. Well, we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment