Yes! Finally hit 65k on my 2nd WIP (NaNoWriMo project). The story had been telling me it was a 60k one all along but I had a meeting with it and was like: book, I know you want to be 60k, but that can't work here. I need at least 70k but we'll start small; let's aim for 65k shall we? And then bam- my ultimate muse for this book gave me inspiration last night, so much so that I got up in the middle of the night to write, first time I've done that in I don't know how many years. And it fits! It doesn't feel like just padding. I actually think I was misinterpreting the book when it told me it was 60k; I think it just meant as it was. But now, I can see it expanding further; in fact, I think that's what the book was telling me when it was not allowing me to finish: that there were gaps to fill in, more writing to give. I kind of knew it, but I didn't think it would have been much to add, just a little piece I hadn't fit in anywhere yet (and finally have!). But there it was- more. And I'm so happy with it! Thank goodness today is a holiday (and so is Monday!) I have a lot of time to work on this book. I'm excited! Real progress!
I don't feel like I'm closer to the end still though. I feel like there might be even more to give. Well, we'll see.
Friday, April 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment