Saturday, February 10, 2007

Snarl

Ok- I was supposed to have given chapters 11-15 or so to the betas at the beginning of this week, but I've run into a tiny problem. Yes, it's fine enough that I can give the next group to them anyway, but I feel really unhappy with chapter twelve and I'm still trying to come up with a way to fix it. If only it were chapter fourteen or fifteen I had this problem with, then I could at least keep them going on it while figuring it out but alas. And I can't just give them one chapter, even though eleven is a longer one.

My mistake was not printing it out to look at it I'm afraid; looking and looking at a screen is not quite the same. I also think I might need to read the rest of it through to see what else I can insert.

Gosh I don't want them to get bored and forget about it; I need them to stay on it. But I guess that's what will happen with actual readers. There have been many times I've begun books, put them down for a period, only to find that I've lost interest once I've picked it up again.

Oh well *grumble grumble*. I'll keep thinking about it. Although with this Anna Nicole Smith thing and the Grammy's tomorrow and my desire to do a lot of reading this weekend, I'm not sure I'll be able to figure it out by Monday. But that's my deadline- I need to have these ready by Monday if not tomorrow! And then I have the week to work on the next set.

At least I can see submission won't happen this month; I'm still researching that part of the process anyway. And I've got to get a query letter together (although it's just one page).

March I say; by March the work should be out there. No, I don't plan to keep pushing it back- this work is vibrating with life, ready to jump out of my hands- it can't wait to- unlike my first novel which is quite content to sleep wherever it is; a trunk novel that first one.

No comments: