Although I worked on a few short stories during the month, I did not actually complete any of them. Complete for me means a beginning, middle and end of some sort, and the one I'd been working on the most (Pig to the Slaughterhouse) reached 2k still lacking an ending. It felt like I'd gone in the wrong direction in fact; hence the ending eluding me I suppose.
However, I can't exactly call May a failed month since I made ten submissions of five of this year's stories.
No sales this month, and lots of rejections coming in due to the high number of submissions the previous month, but hope still alive.
I know I'll make up for this month's lack of new output.
Just remembered: one distraction in the month of May was a novel idea that kept commanding my time, feeding me bits and pieces of what it is, what it will be. Learning about this novel bit by bit had me in a sort of spell as it teased me with glimpses I ran to write down. I can't wait to get back to it.
Actually, I'm not sure if this happened in May or June or both...

No comments:
Post a Comment