Sunday, June 15, 2008
Progress, excuses, timetables...
Well, the year's almost half over and I've read almost ten books. I did manage to add some non-fiction to the roster but they've been mostly acting books. Speaking of acting, it is the reason I also have not done much writing in the past few months- I have been focusing so much on making ends meet as well as taking things to another level on this path I have chosen, that it has left little time for me to work on my writing. Not that I'm making excuses- I can surely afford to write at least a paragraph a day but I distract myself so easily...the acting pursuit can be quite consuming. And I'm quite addicted to the net. But I can't say "if only I had more time..." because I frequently end up with lots of time on my hands, I just don't use it in the best ways. I could get some reading done, some writing done, some research, some job submitting on days I don't have work and at least two of those things on days when I do have work. So why haven't I been doing that? As far as I can tell, a lot of it has to do with planning- I don't plan to do those things so they don't usually get done. I don't plan to exercise, to walk instead of drive when I can, to sew/mend some rips in clothing, so I don't manage a good estimation of what I can do and when, how much time to allow. I need to think about my days in more specific terms. It's easy to lose sight of how helpful it could be to actually plot things down in shedule form because the field(s) I'm in quite often says: "to hell with your scheduling!" but I should at least try and once again start making my goals more specific, more detailed; the more specific they are, the more likely you are to accomplish them, right? I have been doing a pretty good job of that in one area (what I want to currently accomplish in my acting path) but I need to make room for others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment