Sunday, July 29, 2007

Nothingness

Well, I only sent out those two queries and got two rejections. No biggie. The biggie is that I am so utterly deplete of motivation, I cannot even bring myself to look up other agents to send the query to. And I can't even bring myself to work on the story like I need to. I cannot bring myself to research where needed, tweak where needed, bulk up where needed, format where needed. I cannot bring myself to care about the story being published enough that I work toward it more.
My other (first) novel has actually been calling to me for some weird reason. That one is almost beyond hope and needs 100 times more work than this most recent one. But maybe going back to that one will ready me for going back to this other one? The one thing the first one has on the second is bulk; at 94k it has its plot and subplot and all the words it needs to fall within the average first novel range while the second is at a measly 65k. I don't know- I really don't know what to do (in general) anymore. I don't know if I should even call myself a writer- I don't work at my craft, I don't do it every day, I don't feel passionately about it- I just do it.
There's a whole lot of nothingness going on right now...

No comments: