I have always been a writer- of songs, short stories, fanfic, poetry...you name it, I wrote it. I have also always seen myself as an author, always imagined myself writing a book someday, having it published. I started writing my first book in fifth grade but I never finished any of the ones I started since then until last year (2006).
So now that I've written a book- two actually- it's time for part two: editing and getting it published. This blog will track my journey toward that goal.
Like I said, I'm still in the editing/re-writing stage of both books. The first one (finished in April 2006), I actually have a strong desire to rewrite from a whole new point of view, a character that does not even exist in the first version. The second, written over the month of November for National Novel Writing Month is actually in better condition than the first- it just needs some bulking up and a little rearrangement (so it seems thus far). I can see myself "finishing" the second one before the first, but we'll see. Right now, I'm just doing a bit of tidying up before my first beta reader gets to it.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment