I realized in horror that I've only read 2 books so far this year and...I'll just copy it over from my facebook note (posted to help hold myself accountable. I mean--what? 2 books in 9 months??):
I tried to jump-start my reading habit in 2006 with a pledge to read 100 books for the year (which later dropped to 50) but only made it to 39--a number that should be a slow year for me; in fact, I'm only now closing in on having read 100 books since 01/01/2006, over 4 years later.
I have 7 more books to finish in order to finally reach that number, and less than 3 months to do it. Not to mention the holiday season is approaching and I'm planning to write a novel in November. But damn it, somewhere between the novel-planning this month, the novel-writing next month, holidays, working, looking for work etc., I'm getting those last 7 read by 12/31/2010 (which should also help prime me for my 2011 50-Book goal).
Luckily I've started a few books already and just need to finish them and add a few new books. The list is as follows:
(Started, need to complete)
1. The Little Giant of Aberdeen County- Tiffany Baker
2. Mrs. Dalloway- Virginia Woolf
3. The Handmaid's Tale- Margaret Atwood
4. Notes from the Underground- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
(New- to read)
5. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo- Stieg Larsson
6. Between Lovers- Eric Jerome Dickey
7. Erasure- Percival Everett
Goal: finish 1, 2 and 4 in October, read 6 & 7 in November, and 3 in December. 5 either in October or December since I'll be aiming for writing 2000 words/day in November. And that's that.

No comments:
Post a Comment